Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 33. Nonprobate Transfers
- Section 308. Protection of Registering Entity.
previous: Section 307
. Ownership On Death of Owner.
next: Section 309
. Nontestamentary Transfer On Death.
AS 13.33.308. Protection of Registering Entity.
- (a) A registering entity is not required to offer or to accept a request for security registration in beneficiary form. If
a registration in beneficiary form is offered by a registering entity, the owner requesting registration in beneficiary
form assents to the protections given to the registering entity by AS 13.33.301
- (b) By accepting a request for registration of a security in beneficiary form, the registering entity agrees that the
registration will be implemented on death of the deceased owner as provided in AS 13.33.301 - 13.33.310.
- (c) A registering entity is discharged from all claims to a security by the estate, creditors, heirs, or devisees of a
deceased owner if it registers a transfer of the security in accordance with AS 13.33.307
and does so in good faith reliance on
- (1) the registration;
- (2) AS 13.33.301
- 13.33.310; and
- (3) information provided to it by affidavit of the personal representative of the deceased owner, or by the surviving
beneficiary or by the surviving beneficiary's representatives, or other information available to the registering
- (d) The protections of AS 13.33.301
- 13.33.310 do not extend to a reregistration or
payment made after a registering entity has received written notice from a claimant to any interest in the security
objecting to implementation of a registration in beneficiary form. Other notice or other information available to the
registering entity does not affect its right to protection under AS 13.33.301
- (e) The protection provided by AS 13.33.301
- 13.33.310 to the registering entity of a security
does not affect the rights of beneficiaries in disputes between themselves and other claimants to ownership of the
security transferred or its value or proceeds.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.