Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 33. Nonprobate Transfers
- Section 301. Definitions.
previous: Section 227
next: Section 302
. Registration in Beneficiary Form; Sole or Multiple Ownership.
AS 13.33.301. Definitions.
In AS 13.33.301
- (1) "beneficiary form" means a registration of a security that indicates the present owner of the security and the
intention of the owner regarding the person who will become the owner of the security upon the death of the owner;
- (2) "POD" means "pay on death";
- (3) "register," including its derivatives, means to issue a certificate showing the ownership of a certificated security
or, in the case of an uncertificated security, to initiate or transfer an account showing ownership of securities;
- (4) "registering entity" means a person who originates or transfers a security title by registration and includes a broker
maintaining security accounts for customers and a transfer agent or other person acting for or as an issuer of
- (5) "security" means a share, participation, or other interest in property, in a business, or in an obligation of an
enterprise or other issuer and includes a certificated security, an uncertificated security, and a security account;
- (6) "security account" means
- (A) a reinvestment account associated with a security, a securities account with a broker, a cash balance in a brokerage
account, cash, cash equivalents, interest, earnings, or dividends earned or declared on a security in an account, a
reinvestment account, or a brokerage account, whether or not credited to the account before the owner's death;
- (B) a cash balance or other property held for or due to the owner of a security as a replacement for or product of an
account security, whether or not credited to the account before the owner's death; or
- (C) an investment management account, or a custody account, with a trust company or with a trust division of a bank with
trust powers; this subparagraph includes, whether or not credited to the account before the owner's death,
- (i) the securities in the account;
- (ii) a cash balance in the account; and
- (iii) cash, cash equivalents, interest, earnings, or dividends that are earned or declared on a security in the account;
- (7) "TOD" means "transfer on death."
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.