Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 33. Nonprobate Transfers
- Section 223. Payment On Pod Designation.
previous: Section 222
. Payment On Multiple-Party Account.
next: Section 224
. Payment to Designated Agent.
AS 13.33.223. Payment On Pod Designation.
A financial institution, on request, may pay sums on deposit in an account with a POD designation to
- (1) one or more of the parties whether or not another party is disabled, incapacitated, or deceased when the payment is
requested and whether or not a party survives another party;
- (2) the beneficiary or beneficiaries if proof of death is presented to the financial institution showing that the
beneficiary or beneficiaries survived all persons named as parties; or
- (3) the personal representative, if any, or, if there is none, the heirs or devisees of a deceased party if proof of death
is presented to the financial institution showing that the deceased party was the survivor of all other persons named
on the account either as a party or beneficiary.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.