Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 33. Nonprobate Transfers
- Section 222. Payment On Multiple-Party Account.
previous: Section 221
. Authority of Financial Institution.
next: Section 223
. Payment On Pod Designation.
AS 13.33.222. Payment On Multiple-Party Account.
A financial institution, on request, may pay sums on deposit in a multiple-party account to
- (1) one or more of the parties whether or not another party is disabled, incapacitated, or deceased when payment is
requested and whether or not the party making the request survives another party; or
- (2) the personal representative, if any, or, if there is none, the heirs or devisees of a deceased party if proof of death
is presented to the financial institution showing that the deceased party was the survivor of all other persons named
on the account either as a party or beneficiary, unless the account is without right of survivorship under AS 13.33.212
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.