Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 85. Resignation or Removal Proceedings; Appointment of Attorney For Minor.
previous: Section 80
. Proceedings Subsequent to Appointment; Venue.
next: Section 90
. Purpose and Basis For Guardianship.
AS 13.26.085. Resignation or Removal Proceedings; Appointment of Attorney For Minor.
- (a) Any person interested in the welfare of a ward, or the ward, if 14 or more years of age, may petition for removal of a
guardian on the ground that removal would be in the best interest of the ward. A guardian may petition for permission
to resign. A petition for removal or for permission to resign may, but need not, include a request for appointment of a
- (b) After notice and hearing on a petition for removal or for permission to resign, the court may terminate the
guardianship and make any further order that may be appropriate.
- (c) If, at any time in the proceeding, the court determines that the interests of the ward are or may be inadequately
represented, it may appoint an attorney to represent the minor, giving consideration to the preference of the minor if
the minor is 14 or more years of age.
Article 03. GUARDIANS OF INCAPACITATED PERSONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.