Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 26. Protection of Persons Under Disability and Their Property; Powers of Attorney
- Section 80. Proceedings Subsequent to Appointment; Venue.
previous: Section 75
. Termination of Appointment of Guardian; General.
next: Section 85
. Resignation or Removal Proceedings; Appointment of Attorney For Minor.
AS 13.26.080. Proceedings Subsequent to Appointment; Venue.
- (a) The court where the ward resides has concurrent jurisdiction with the court which appointed the guardian, or in which
acceptance of a testamentary appointment was filed, over resignation, removal, accounting, and other proceedings
relating to the guardianship.
- (b) If the court located where the ward resides is not the court in which acceptance of appointment is filed, the court in
which proceedings subsequent to appointment are commenced shall in all appropriate cases notify the other court, in
this or another state, and after consultation with that court determine whether to retain jurisdiction or transfer the
proceedings to the other court, whichever is in the best interest of the ward. A copy of any order accepting a
resignation or removing a guardian shall be sent to the court in which acceptance of appointment is filed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.