Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 165. Meetings of Board of Directors.
previous: Section 160
. Filling Unexpired Term.
next: Section 170
. Executive Committee.
AS 10.15.165. Meetings of Board of Directors.
- (a) Regular or special meetings of the board may be held inside or outside the state.
- (b) Regular meetings of the board may be held with or without notice as prescribed in the bylaws. Special meetings of the
board shall be held upon the notice prescribed in the bylaws. Attendance of a director at a meeting constitutes a
waiver of notice of the meeting except where a director attends a meeting for the express purpose of objecting to the
transaction of business because the meeting is not lawfully called or convened.
- (c) Unless the bylaws provide otherwise, the purpose of a meeting of the board need not be specified in the notice of the
- (d) Unless a greater number is required in the bylaws, a majority of the members of the board determined pursuant to the
bylaws or in the absence of a bylaw fixing the number of directors, then of the number stated in the articles
constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business. Unless a greater number is required in the bylaws, an act of the
majority of the directors present at a meeting at which a quorum is present is the act of the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.