Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 13. Alaska Bidco Act
- Section 800. Orders Restricting Additional Financing Assistance.
previous: Section 790
. Meetings of Directors and Shareholders Called By Department.
next: Section 810
. Taking Possession of Licensee.
AS 10.13.800. Orders Restricting Additional Financing Assistance.
- (a) The department may issue an order directing a licensee to refrain from providing additional financing assistance to
businesses if, in the opinion of the department, the order is necessary to protect the interests of the licensee or the
public, and if, after notice and a hearing, the department determines that
- (1) the licensee or a controlling person, subsidiary, or affiliate of the licensee has violated this chapter or another
- (2) the licensee is conducting the licensee's business in an unsafe and unsound manner;
- (3) the licensee is in a condition that makes it unsafe or unsound for the licensee to transact business;
- (4) the licensee has ceased to transact business as a BIDCO;
- (5) the licensee is insolvent;
- (6) the licensee has suspended payment of the licensee's obligations, has made an assignment for the benefit of the
licensee's creditors, or has admitted in writing the licensee's inability to pay the licensee's debts as the debts
- (7) the licensee has applied for an adjudication of bankruptcy, reorganization, arrangement, or other relief under a
bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, or moratorium law, an involuntary petition in bankruptcy against the person has
not been dismissed in 90 days, or a person has applied for the relief under the law against a licensee and the relief
has been granted or the licensee has by an affirmative act approved of or consented to the action; or
- (8) a fact or condition exists that would have been grounds for denying the licensee a license if the fact or condition
had existed when the licensee applied for the license.
- (b) If the department determines that a factor in (a) of this section is true with respect to a licensee and that it is
necessary for the protection of the interests of the licensee or the public that the department immediately prevent the
licensee from providing additional financing assistance to businesses, the department may issue the order without a
- (c) If the department consents, a licensee that has been the subject of an order under (a) or (b) of this section may
resume providing financing assistance to businesses under the conditions that the department prescribes.
- (d) A person to whom an order is issued under (a) or (b) of this section may apply to the department to modify or rescind
the order. The department may not grant the application unless the department determines that it is in the interest of
the public to do so and that it is reasonable to believe that the person will comply with this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.