Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 80. Uniform Electronic Transactions Act
- Section 150. Acceptance and Distribution of Electronic Records By Governmental Agencies.
previous: Section 140
. Creation and Retention of Electronic Records and Conversion of Written Records By Governmental Agencies.
next: Section 160
AS 09.80.150. Acceptance and Distribution of Electronic Records By Governmental Agencies.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in AS 09.80.090
(f), each governmental agency of this state shall determine whether, and the extent to which, the governmental agency
will send and accept electronic records and electronic signatures to and from other persons and otherwise create,
generate, communicate, store, process, use, and rely upon electronic records and electronic signatures.
- (b) To the extent that a governmental agency uses electronic records and electronic signatures under (a) of this section,
the governmental agency, giving due consideration to security, may specify
- (1) the manner and format in which the electronic records must be created, generated, sent, communicated, received, and
stored and the systems established for those purposes;
- (2) if electronic records must be signed by electronic means, the type of electronic signature required, the manner and
format in which the electronic signature must be affixed to the electronic record, and the identity of, or criteria
that must be met by, a third party used by a person filing a document to facilitate the process;
- (3) control processes and procedures as appropriate to ensure adequate preservation, disposition, integrity, security,
confidentiality, and auditability of electronic records; and
- (4) any other required attributes for electronic records that are specified for corresponding nonelectronic records or
that are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.
- (c) Except as otherwise provided in AS 09.80.090
(f), this chapter does not require a governmental agency of this state to use or permit the use of electronic records
or electronic signatures.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.