Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 60. Costs and Attorney Fees; Settlements
- Section 210. Jurisdiction; Procedure For Approval of Transfers.
previous: Section 200
. Conditions to Transfers of Structured Settlement Payment Rights and Structured Settlement Agreements.
next: Section 220
. No Waiver and No Penalty.
AS 09.60.210. Jurisdiction; Procedure For Approval of Transfers.
- (a) The superior court where the action giving rise to the structured settlement was maintained or could have been
maintained or where the payee is domiciled has jurisdiction over an application for approval under AS 09.60.200
of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights.
- (b) Not less than 30 days before the scheduled hearing on an application for authorization of a transfer of structured
settlement payment rights under AS 09.60.200
, the transferee shall file with the court and serve on any other government authority that previously approved the
structured settlement and all interested parties a notice of the proposed transfer and the application for its
authorization. The notice must include
- (1) a copy of the transferee's application to the court;
- (2) a copy of the transfer agreement;
- (3) a copy of the disclosure statement required under AS 09.60.200
- (4) notification that an interested party is entitled to support, oppose, or otherwise respond to the transferee's
application, either in person or by counsel, by submitting written comments to the court or by participating in the
- (5) notification of the time and place of the hearing and notification of the manner in which and the time by which
written responses to the application must be filed in order to be considered by the court.
- (c) Written responses to the application must be filed within 15 days after service of the transferee's notice.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.