Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 60. Costs and Attorney Fees; Settlements
- Section 15. Attorney Fees in Certain Small Claims Actions.
previous: Section 10
. Costs and Attorney Fees Allowed Prevailing Party.
next: Section 20
. Liability of Guardian Ad Litem For Costs.
AS 09.60.015. Attorney Fees in Certain Small Claims Actions.
- (a) In any action for damages where the amount pleaded is $1,000 or less, and the plaintiff, when represented by counsel,
prevails in the action, the plaintiff shall be allowed a reasonable amount to be fixed by the court as attorney fees
for the prosecution of the action as a part of the costs of the action if the court finds that written demand for the
payment of the claim was made on the defendant 20 days or more before the commencement of the action. However, attorney
fees may not be allowed to the plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant tendered to the plaintiff before the
commencement of the action, an amount not less than the damages awarded to the plaintiff.
- (b) If the defendant, when represented by counsel, pleads a counterclaim that does not exceed $1,000, and the defendant
prevails in the action, the defendant shall be allowed a reasonable amount to be fixed by the court as attorney fees
for the prosecution of the counterclaim as part of the costs of the action.
- (c) This section is subject to AS 45.50.537
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.