Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 45. Actions Relating to Real Property
- Section 805. Parties.
previous: Section 800
. Prerequisite Earthslide Changing Land Boundaries.
next: Section 810
. Separate Actions as to Separate Slide Areas.
AS 09.45.805. Parties.
- (a) An action authorized by AS 09.45.800
- 09.45.880 may be commenced by
- (1) a borough with the joinder of a city or cities included in the borough;
- (2) a city not included within the boundaries of a borough, if the earthslide has affected land in the city, or land
outside the city as to which outside land the city has statutory power to approve a land map;
- (3) a school district that has statutory power to approve a land map; or
- (4) any other entity or person, granted permission by the court to bring the action.
- (b) In an action authorized by AS 09.45.800
- 09.45.880 every person in actual and peaceable
possession of, or having an estate or interest in any of the land affected by the action, whose possession or evidence
of estate or interest is either recorded or known to the plaintiffs, must be designated in the complaint of the action,
and given notice in the manner required by AS 09.45.800
- 09.45.880 and the court rules of civil procedure.
- (c) All unknown parties, including owners, claimants, heirs, devisees, legatees, or assigns, may be described in the
caption and complaint as "all persons claiming any interest in or lien upon, the real property herein described or any
part of it."
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.