Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 45. Actions Relating to Real Property
- Section 100. Notice to Quit.
previous: Section 90
. Unlawful Holding By Force.
next: Section 105
. Content of Notice to Quit.
AS 09.45.100. Notice to Quit.
- (a) Except where service of written notice is made under AS 09.45.090(a)(1) or (b)(1), or except when notice to quit
is not required by AS 09.45.090
(a)(3) or (b)(3), a person entitled to the premises who seeks to recover possession of the premises may not commence
and maintain an action to recover possession of premises under AS 09.45.060
- 09.45.160 unless the person first gives a notice to
quit to the person in possession.
- (b) To recover possession of premises after a tenant or person in possession has failed or refused to pay rent due,
service of the written notice required by AS 34.03.220
(b) or of a demand in writing for possession of the premises
- (1) constitutes notice to quit, and service of a separate notice to quit is not required; and
- (2) satisfies the requirements of (c) of this section and AS 34.03.310(c).
- (c) A notice to quit shall be in writing and shall be served upon the tenant or person in possession by being
- (1) delivered to the tenant or person;
- (2) left at the premises in case of absence from the premises; or
- (3) sent by registered or certified mail.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.