Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 10. Limitations of Actions
- Section 120. Actions in Name of State, Political Subdivisions, or Public Corporations.
previous: Section 110
. Accrual of Cause of Action Upon Mutual, Open, and Current Account.
next: Section 130
. Effect of Absence From State or Concealment.
AS 09.10.120. Actions in Name of State, Political Subdivisions, or Public Corporations.
- (a) An action brought in the name of or for the benefit of the state, any political subdivision, or public corporation may
be commenced only within six years of the date of accrual of the cause of action. However, if the action is for relief
on the ground of fraud, the limitation commences from the time of discovery by the aggrieved party of the facts
constituting the fraud.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section or another provision of law, the state may bring an action in the name of or for
the benefit of the state to (1) quiet or confirm the state's interests in real property, or (2) protect resources held
in trust for the public, at any time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.