Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 10. Limitations of Actions
- Section 30. Actions to Recover Real Property.
previous: Section 20
. When Action Commenced. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 27 SLA 1966. For Present Law, See Civ. R. 3].
next: Section 40
. Action Upon Judgment or Sealed Instrument in 10 Years.
AS 09.10.030. Actions to Recover Real Property.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a person may not bring an action for the recovery of real property or for
the recovery of the possession of it unless the action is commenced within 10 years. An action may not be maintained
under this subsection for the recovery unless it appears that the plaintiff, an ancestor, a predecessor, or the grantor
of the plaintiff was seized or possessed of the premises in question within 10 years before the commencement of the
- (b) An action may be brought at any time by a person who was seized or possessed of the real property in question at some
time before the commencement of the action or whose grantor or predecessor was seized or possessed of the real property
in question at some time before commencement of the action, and whose ownership interest in the real property is
recorded under AS 40.17, in order to
- (1) quiet title to that real property; or
- (2) eject a person from that real property.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.