Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 98. Veterinarians
- Section 120. License Required; Prohibitions; Penalty.
previous: Section 100
next: Section 130
. Examination. [Repealed, Sec. 16 Ch 130 SLA 1980].
AS 08.98.120. License Required; Prohibitions; Penalty.
- (a) A person may not practice veterinary medicine, surgery, or dentistry unless the person is licensed as a veterinarian
under this chapter or has a temporary permit issued under AS 08.98.186
, except that a person may perform functions authorized by
- (1) regulation of the board if the person is licensed as a veterinary technician; or
- (2) a permit issued under AS 08.02.050
if the person is employed by an agency that has a permit issued under AS 08.02.050
- (b) A person may not
- (1) present or attempt to use a license or permit that was issued under this chapter to another person, either directly or
- (2) secure or attempt to secure a license or permit under this chapter through deceit, fraud, or intentional
- (3) use or attempt to use an expired or revoked license or permit knowing of the license's or permit's status; or
- (4) falsely claim to be licensed or to hold a permit under this chapter.
- (c) Violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not
more than one year, or by both.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.