Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 2. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 50. Permits For Use of Drugs to Euthanize Domestic Animals.
previous: Section 40
. Access to Certain Mental Health Information and Records By the State.
next: Chapter 3
. Termination, Continuation and Reestablishment of Regulatory Boards
AS 08.02.050. Permits For Use of Drugs to Euthanize Domestic Animals.
- (a) A qualified agency may apply to the department and obtain a permit that authorizes the purchase, possession, and use
by the agency of sodium pentobarbital, sodium pentobarbital with lidocaine, and other drugs authorized in regulations
adopted by the department for the purpose of euthanizing injured, sick, or abandoned domestic animals in the lawful
possession of the agency. To qualify to obtain the permit, the agency shall certify that it will
- (1) comply with applicable federal laws related to the use of the drugs; and
- (2) not permit an employee to administer the drugs unless the employee has successfully completed a euthanasia technician
certification course approved by the National Animal Control Association, the American Humane Association, or the
Humane Society of the United States.
- (b) The department may revoke or suspend a permit or take another disciplinary action under AS 08.01.075
if it determines that the agency or an employee of the agency
- (1) improperly used sodium pentobarbital, sodium pentobarbital with lidocaine, or another drug authorized for use under
- (2) failed to follow federal or state laws regarding proper storage and handling of the drugs;
- (3) allowed an employee to administer the drugs before the employee successfully completed the certification course
described in (a)(2) of this section; or
- (4) violated this title or a regulation adopted under this title.
- (c) In this section, "agency" means an animal control agency of a municipality or recognized governmental entity or an
entity that has contracted with a municipality or recognized governmental entity to perform animal control or animal
- (d) The department may adopt regulations to implement this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.