Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 98. Veterinarians
- Section 50. Powers and Duties of the Board.
previous: Section 40
. Board Meetings.
next: Section 60
. Board Regulations. [Repealed, Sec. 16 Ch 130 SLA 1980. For Current Law, See AS 08.98.050
AS 08.98.050. Powers and Duties of the Board.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) establish examination requirements for eligible applicants for licensure to practice veterinary medicine;
- (2) examine, or cause to be examined, eligible applicants for licensure or registration;
- (3) approve the issuance of licenses to qualified applicants;
- (4) establish standards for the practice of veterinary medicine by regulation;
- (5) conduct disciplinary proceedings in accordance with this chapter;
- (6) adopt regulations requiring proof of continued competency before a license is renewed;
- (7) as requested by the department, monitor the standards and availability of veterinary services provided in the state
and report its findings to the department;
- (8) collect, or cause to be collected, data concerning the practice of veterinary technology by veterinary technicians in
the state and submit the data to the department for maintenance;
- (9) establish, by regulation, educational and training requirements for the delegation of duties by veterinarians licensed
under this chapter to veterinary technicians.
- (b) The board may
- (1) establish examination and registration requirements for veterinary technicians;
- (2) adopt regulations or do any act necessary to carry out its duties under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.