Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 72. Optometrists
- Section 300. Definitions.
previous: Section 290
. Criminal Penalty.
next: Section 310
. Short Title.
AS 08.72.300. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "board" means the Board of Examiners in Optometry;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (3) "optometry" means the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions of the human eyes and visual system, other
than by use of laser, x-rays, surgery, or pharmaceutical agents, other than those permitted under AS 08.72.272
; "optometry" includes the employment of methods that a person licensed under this chapter is educationally qualified
to use, as established by the board;
- (4) "practicing optometry" means the performance of, or offer to perform, optometry for compensation;
- (5) "recognized school or college of optometry" means a school or college approved by the American Optometric Association
or a committee of the American Optometric Association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.