Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 72. Optometrists
- Section 275. Lenses and Frames For Eyeglasses and Sunglasses.
previous: Section 274
next: Section 280
. Prohibited Acts.
AS 08.72.275. Lenses and Frames For Eyeglasses and Sunglasses.
- (a) A person may not fabricate, distribute, sell, exchange, deliver or possess with intent to distribute, sell, exchange
or deliver eyeglasses or sunglasses unless they are fitted with plastic lenses, laminated lenses, heat-treated glass
lenses, or glass lenses made impact resistant by other methods. All plastic and heat-treated glass lenses, before they
are mounted in frames, shall be capable of withstanding the impact of a five-eighths inch steel ball dropped on the
lens from a height of 50 inches. The impact test shall be conducted at room temperature, with the lens supported by a
plastic tube one inch inside diameter, one and one-fourth inch outside diameter, with a one-eighth inch by one-eighth
inch neoprene gasket on the top edge.
- (b) A person may not fabricate, distribute, sell, exchange, deliver or possess with intent to distribute, sell, exchange
or deliver eyeglasses or sunglasses having frames manufactured from cellulose nitrate or other highly flammable
- (c) A licensee may sell, exchange, or deliver eyeglasses or sunglasses that do not meet the requirements of (a) of this
section if the sale, exchange, or delivery is authorized in a written request signed by the patient.
- (d) A person who violates this section is punishable by a fine of not less than $50 nor more than $100.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.