Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 72. Optometrists
- Section 140. Qualifications For Examination.
previous: Section 130
. Optometry Register. [Repealed, Sec. 13 Ch 37 SLA 1986].
next: Section 150
. Application For Examination and Issuance of License.
AS 08.72.140. Qualifications For Examination.
The board shall admit to the examination a person who furnishes proof that the person
- (1) has had education equivalent to four years attendance at a state high school;
- (2) is a graduate of a recognized school or college of optometry;
- (3) has not committed an act in any jurisdiction that would have constituted a violation of this chapter or regulations adopted under this chapter at the time the act was committed;
- (4) has not been disciplined by an optometry licensing entity in another jurisdiction and is not the subject of a pending disciplinary proceeding conducted by an optometry licensing entity in another jurisdiction; however, the board may consider the disciplinary action and, in the board's discretion, determine if the person is qualified to be admitted to the examination.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.