Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 71. Dispensing Opticians
- Section 170. Prohibited Conduct.
previous: Section 165
. Delegation Authorized.
next: Section 175
. Disciplinary Sanctions. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 94 SLA 1987. For Current Law, See AS 08.01.075
AS 08.71.170. Prohibited Conduct.
The board may revoke or suspend the license of a dispensing optician, or the licensee may be reprimanded or otherwise
disciplined when the board finds after a hearing that the licensee
- (1) secured a license through deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation;
- (2) engaged in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation in the course of providing professional services or
engaging in professional activities;
- (3) advertised professional services in a false or misleading manner;
- (4) has been convicted of a crime which affects the licensee's ability to continue to practice competently and safely;
- (5) intentionally or negligently engaged in or permitted the performance of patient care by persons under the licensee's
supervision which does not conform to minimum professional standards regardless of whether actual injury to the patient
- (6) continued to practice after becoming unfit due to
- (A) professional incompetence;
- (B) addiction or severe dependency on alcohol or other drugs which impairs the licensee's ability to practice safely;
- (C) physical or mental disability;
- (7) engaged in lewd or immoral conduct in connection with the delivery of professional service to patients;
- (8) participated in the division, assignment, rebate or refund of fees to a physician or optometrist in consideration of
- (9) advertised the services of any other segment of the healing arts.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.