Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 64. Medicine
- Section 205. Qualifications For Osteopath Applicants.
previous: Section 200
. Qualifications of Physician Applicants.
next: Section 207
. Qualifications For Acupuncture Applicants. [Repealed, Sec. 15 Ch 6 SLA 1990].
AS 08.64.205. Qualifications For Osteopath Applicants.
Each osteopath applicant shall meet the qualifications prescribed in AS 08.64.200(a)(3) and (4) and shall
- (1) submit a certificate of graduation from the legally chartered school of osteopathy approved by the board;
- (2) submit a certificate from a hospital approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic
Association that certifies that the osteopath has satisfactorily completed and performed the duties of intern or
resident physician for
- (A) one year if the applicant graduated from a school of osteopathy before January 1, 1995, as evidenced by a certificate
of completion of the first year of postgraduate training from the facility where the applicant completed the first year
of internship or residency; or
- (B) two years if the applicant graduated from a school of osteopathy on or after January 1, 1995, as evidenced by a
certificate of completion of the first year of postgraduate training from the facility where the applicant completed
the first year of internship or residency and a certificate of successful completion of one additional year of
postgraduate training at a recognized hospital;
- (3) take the examination required by AS 08.64.210
or be certified to practice by the National Board of Examiners for Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.