Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 64. Medicine
- Section 101. Duties.
previous: Section 100
. Power of Board to Adopt Regulations.
next: Section 103
. Investigator; Executive Secretary.
AS 08.64.101. Duties.
The board shall
- (1) examine and issue licenses to applicants;
- (2) develop written guidelines to ensure that licensing requirements are not unreasonably burdensome and the issuance of
licenses is not unreasonably withheld or delayed;
- (3) after a hearing, impose disciplinary sanctions on persons who violate this chapter or the regulations or orders of the
- (4) adopt regulations ensuring that renewal of licenses is contingent upon proof of continued competency on the part of
the licensee; and
- (5) under regulations adopted by the board, contract with private professional organizations to establish an impaired
medical professionals program to identify, confront, evaluate, and treat persons licensed under this chapter who abuse
alcohol, other drugs, or other substances or are mentally ill or cognitively impaired.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.