Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 62. Marine Pilots
- Section 80. License Required; Restrictions and Conditions.
previous: Section 50
. Marine Pilot Coordinator.
next: Section 90
AS 08.62.080. License Required; Restrictions and Conditions.
- (a) A person may not pilot a vessel subject to this chapter unless the person is licensed under this chapter and is a
member of a pilot organization recognized by the board.
- (b) A pilot may not be licensed in more than one pilotage region at one time unless the commissioner determines that an
actual or imminent shortage of licensed pilots exists in a pilotage region. If the commissioner makes the determination
described in this subsection, the board may, after consultation with the recognized pilot organizations and registered
agents in the affected pilotage region, issue temporary licenses for the affected pilotage region to pilots who already
hold a license for another pilotage region. The board shall ensure that sufficient pilots are available to provide
pilotage services in the affected pilotage region to all vessels required to employ a pilot under this chapter. A
temporary license issued under this subsection is valid for a period of not more than one year.
- (c) A license issued under this chapter must identify the specific waterways and ports in each pilotage region in which a
licensee is authorized by the board to pilot vessels. The board shall authorize a licensee to pilot vessels in a
specific waterway or port in a pilotage region upon the licensee satisfying the training and other qualifying
requirements required by the board to pilot vessels in that waterway or port.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.