Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 62. Marine Pilots
- Section 50. Marine Pilot Coordinator.
previous: Section 46
. Rates For Pilotage Services.
next: Section 80
. License Required; Restrictions and Conditions.
AS 08.62.050. Marine Pilot Coordinator.
- (a) The department, with the approval of the board, may hire a marine pilot coordinator who is qualified to assist the
board in administering and enforcing the provisions of this chapter. The coordinator is in the partially exempt service
under AS 39.25.120
- (b) The person who is hired as coordinator may not
- (1) be an active member of a pilot organization in the state;
- (2) work as a pilot while employed as the coordinator, except to the extent required by official duties; or
- (3) have a financial interest in a pilot organization or in a pilot vessel or other equipment used by a pilot
- (c) In addition to other duties as may be assigned by the board, the marine pilot coordinator may review applications for
examination and licensure to ascertain whether the applicant satisfies the applicable requirements.
Article 02. LICENSING
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.