Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 36. Dentistry
- Section 360. Practice of Dentistry Defined.
previous: Section 350
. Application of Chapter.
next: Section 365
. Rights of Dentists.
AS 08.36.360. Practice of Dentistry Defined.
A person engages in the practice of dentistry who
- (1) performs or holds out to the public as being able to perform dental operations;
- (2) diagnoses, treats, operates on, corrects, attempts to correct, or prescribes for a disease, lesion, pain, injury,
deficiency, deformity, or physical condition, malocclusion or malposition of the human teeth, alveolar process,
gingiva, maxilla, mandible, or adjacent tissues;
- (3) performs or attempts to perform an operation incident to the replacement of teeth;
- (4) furnishes, supplies, constructs, reproduces, or repairs dentures, bridges, appliances or other structures to be used
and worn as substitutes for natural teeth, except on prescription of a duly licensed and registered dentist and by the
use of impressions or casts made by a duly licensed and registered dentist;
- (5) uses the words "dentist" or "dental surgeon" or the letters "D.D.S." or "D.M.D." or other letter or title that
represents the dentist as engaging in the practice of dentistry;
- (6) extracts or attempts to extract human teeth;
- (7) exercises control over professional dental matters or the operation of dental equipment in a facility where the acts
and things described in this section are performed or done;
- (8) evaluates, diagnoses, treats, or performs preventive procedures related to diseases, disorders, or conditions of the
oral cavity, maxillofacial area, or adjacent and associated structures; a dentist whose practice includes the services
described in this paragraph may only perform the services if they are within the scope of the dentist's education,
training, and experience and in accord with the generally recognized ethical precepts of the dental profession; nothing
in this paragraph requires a person licensed under AS 08.64 to be
licensed under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.