Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 20. Chiropractors
- Section 100. Practice of Chiropractic.
previous: Section 90
. Quorum of Board.
next: Section 110
. Application For License.
AS 08.20.100. Practice of Chiropractic.
- (a) A person may not practice chiropractic or use chiropractic core methodology in the state without a license.
- (b) A person licensed under this chapter may
- (1) analyze, diagnose, or treat the chiropractic condition of a patient by chiropractic core methodology or by ancillary
- (2) accept referrals for chiropractic treatment;
- (3) consult on chiropractic matters;
- (4) refer patients to other health care professionals;
- (5) sign
- (A) within the scope of chiropractic practice, certificates of physical examinations for children before they enter
- (B) reports for excuses from employment and from attendance at school or participation in sports activities; and
- (C) authorizations for sick leave;
- (6) perform preemployment and workplace health examinations;
- (7) provide disability and physical impairment ratings; and
- (8) provide retirement health and disability authorizations and recommendations.
- (c) A person licensed under this chapter is not authorized to sign affidavits exempting school children from immunization
requirements under AS 14.30.125
or to administer or interpret the results of infectious disease tests required by statute or regulation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.