Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 18. Construction Contractors and Home Inspectors
- Section 101. Insurance Required.
previous: Section 100
. License Required. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 1968].
next: Section 110
. Classification of Licenses. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 1968].
AS 08.18.101. Insurance Required.
- (a) Each applicant, at the time of applying for registration or upon renewal of registration, shall file with the
commissioner satisfactory evidence that the applicant has in effect
- (1) to the extent required under AS 23.30, workers' compensation
insurance that is purchased from a private insurer who is admitted to do business in the state and that shows coverage
in this state, appropriate employee classifications, and rates applicable in this state, or a valid workers'
compensation self-insurance certificate issued by the Alaska Workers' Compensation Board; and
- (2) public liability and property damage insurance covering the applicant's contracting operations in this state in the
sum of not less than $20,000 for damage to property, $50,000 for injury, including death, to any one person, and
$100,000 for injury, including death, to more than one person; this requirement does not apply to an applicant whose contracting operations are for work on projects where each project has an aggregate contract price, including all labor, materials, and other items of $2,500 or less.
- (b) Proof of insurance coverage for an applicant under (a) of this section may be satisfied by providing evidence that the
applicant is covered by a policy in effect for the applicant's employer at least to the extent required under (a) of
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.