Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 11. Audiologists and Speech Pathologists
- Section 83. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On a Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant.
previous: Section 80
. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On An Audiologist.
next: Section 85
. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On a Speech-Language Pathologist.
AS 08.11.083. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On a Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant.
- (a) After a hearing, the department may impose a disciplinary sanction on a registered speech-language pathologist
assistant when the department finds that the registrant
- (1) secured a registration through deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation;
- (2) fraudulently or deceptively used a registration;
- (3) altered a registration;
- (4) sold, bartered, or offered to sell or barter a registration;
- (5) engaged in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation in the course of assisting in the practicing of
- (6) advertised speech-language services in a manner that is false, misleading, or deceptive;
- (7) has been convicted of a felony or other crime that affects the person's ability to continue to practice competently
and safely, including a crime involving drugs or alcohol;
- (8) engaged in unprofessional conduct, in sexual misconduct, or in lewd or immoral behavior in connection with the
delivery of professional services to clients;
- (9) continued to practice speech-language pathology after becoming unfit due to
- (A) professional incompetence or gross negligence;
- (B) use of drugs or alcohol in a manner that affects the person's ability to practice speech-language pathology
competently and safely;
- (C) a physical or mental disability;
- (10) permitted another person to use the registrant's registration;
- (11) has been disciplined by an official government body with jurisdiction over licensure, certification, or registration
of a health care or teaching practice; a certified copy of the final disciplinary action constitutes conclusive
evidence against the person;
- (12) failed to maintain confidentiality except as otherwise required or permitted by law;
- (13) failed to comply with a provision of this chapter or a regulation adopted under this chapter, or an order of the
- (b) The department may not impose disciplinary sanctions on a speech- language pathologist assistant for the
evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment of a person through audio, video, or data communications when physically separated from the person if the
speech-language pathologist assistant
- (1) or another licensed health care provider is available to provide follow-up care;
- (2) requests that the person consent to sending a copy of all records of the encounter to a primary care provider if
the speech-language pathologist assistant is not the person's primary care provider and, if the person consents, the speech-language
pathologist assistant sends the records to the person's primary care provider; and
- (3) meets the requirements established by the board in regulation.
- (c) The department shall adopt regulations restricting the evaluation, diagnosis, supervision, and treatment of a
person as authorized under (b) of this section by establishing standards of care, including standards for training, confidentiality,
supervision, practice, and related issues.
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.