(a) The board shall issue a license to engage in the practice of public accounting to an individual who meets the requirements of AS 08.04.110 — 08.04.130. The license is valid for the remainder of the biennial licensing period during which the initial license was granted.
(b) The board may renew a license granted under this section if the licensee
(1) maintains all of the licensee’s offices as required by AS 08.04.360 — 08.04.380;
(3) complies with the requirements of this chapter.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 08.04.005. Purpose.
- Sec. 08.04.010. Creation of board.
- Sec. 08.04.020. Appointment and qualifications of board.
- Sec. 08.04.025. Meetings of board.
- Sec. 08.04.030. Removal of members.
- Sec. 08.04.040. Vacancy on board.
- Sec. 08.04.050. Quorum.
- Sec. 08.04.055. Executive secretary of board.
- Sec. 08.04.070. Functions of board.
- Sec. 08.04.075. Substantial equivalency.
- Sec. 08.04.080. Adoption of rules.
- Sec. 08.04.100. Certificate granted.
- Sec. 08.04.110. Personal requirements.
- Sec. 08.04.120. Educational and experience requirements.
- Sec. 08.04.130. Examination.
- Sec. 08.04.150. Qualifications to take examination.
- Sec. 08.04.180. Prior applicants.
- Sec. 08.04.190. Examination fee.
- Sec. 08.04.195. Reciprocity with other states.
- Sec. 08.04.200. Use of title “certified public accountant” by individual.
- Sec. 08.04.210. Effect on certificates existing on April 26, 1960.
- Sec. 08.04.240. Application of partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and other legal entities for permits.
- Sec. 08.04.360. Supervision required.
- Sec. 08.04.370. Use of title “certified public accountant” by office of legal entity.
- Sec. 08.04.380. Waiver of requirements.
- Sec. 08.04.410. Inactive license for person not engaged in practice.
- Sec. 08.04.420. Practice privileges.
- Sec. 08.04.422. Conditions of practice privileges, out-of-state permits, and out-of-state exemptions.
- Sec. 08.04.425. Continuing education.
- Sec. 08.04.440. Effect of failure to obtain license or permit.
- Sec. 08.04.450. Revocation or suspension of license, practice privilege, permit, or out-of-state exemption.
- Sec. 08.04.470. Revocation of permit of partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or other legal entity.
- Sec. 08.04.480. Grounds for censure of, or the revocation, suspension, or refusal to renew a permit for, a partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or other legal entity.
- Sec. 08.04.490. Reinstatement.
- Sec. 08.04.495. Fees.
- Sec. 08.04.500. Individual posing as a certified public accountant.
- Sec. 08.04.505. Issuance of reports.
- Sec. 08.04.510. Partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or other legal entity posing as a certified public accountant.
- Sec. 08.04.520. Individual posing as public accountant.
- Sec. 08.04.530. Partnership, limited liability company, or corporation posing as public accountant.
- Sec. 08.04.540. Use of deceptive title or abbreviation.
- Sec. 08.04.560. Individual may not assume title.
- Sec. 08.04.570. Acts not prohibited.
- Sec. 08.04.580. Partnership posing as accountants or auditors.
- Sec. 08.04.590. Use of title with corporate name.
- Sec. 08.04.595. Use of title with limited liability company name.
- Sec. 08.04.598. Use of title with name of other legal entity.
- Sec. 08.04.600. Disclosure of lack of license or permit.
- Sec. 08.04.610. Deceptive use of title or designation by partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or other legal entity.
- Sec. 08.04.620. Exceptions.
- Sec. 08.04.630. Injunction against unlawful act.
- Sec. 08.04.640. Penalty.
- Sec. 08.04.650. Single act evidence of practice.
- Sec. 08.04.660. Ownership of accountant’s working papers.
- Sec. 08.04.662. Confidential communications.
- Sec. 08.04.670. Construction.
- Sec. 08.04.680. Definitions.
- Sec. 08.04.690. Short title.