Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 4. Accountants
- Section 426. Quality Review.
previous: Section 425
. Continuing Education.
next: Section 430
. Expiration and Renewal. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 94 SLA 1987. For Current Law, See AS 08.01.100
AS 08.04.426. Quality Review.
- (a) The board may require as a condition for renewal of a license or a permit that the applicant for the renewal undergo a quality review conducted as required by the board by regulation.
- (b) The quality review under (a) of this section must include verification that the reviewing individual meets the competency requirements set out in the professional standards established by the board for the services. In this subsection, "reviewing individual" means the individual who is responsible for supervising and signing off on or authorizing another individual to sign off on attest functions performed by the applicant.
- (c) The board shall adopt the regulations under (a) of this section in a reasonable time before the regulations are scheduled to become effective.
- (d) The regulations adopted under (a) of this section may require that
- (1) an applicant demonstrate that the applicant has undergone a quality review that is a satisfactory equivalent to the quality review under (a) of this section;
- (2) the quality reviews be subject to supervision by an oversight body established or approved by the board;
- (3) the quality reviews be operated and the documents be maintained in a manner that is designed to preserve confidentiality; and
- (4) the board or another person, except for the oversight body authorized by (2) of this subsection, may not access the documents furnished or generated in the course of the quality review.
- (e) An oversight body required by (d)(2) of this section shall
- (1) periodically report to the board on the effectiveness of the quality review program it is supervising; and
- (2) provide the board with a list of the applicants who have participated in a quality review program that is satisfactory to the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.