Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 40. Premium Financing Act
- Section 150. Return of Unearned Premiums.
previous: Section 140
. Cancellation of Policy.
next: Section 160
. Consequences of Violations.
AS 06.40.150. Return of Unearned Premiums.
- (a) If a financed insurance policy is cancelled and provided the insurer has been notified of the assignment of interest
of the insured to the licensee, the insurer within 60 days of the effective date of cancellation shall take the steps
that are necessary to have any gross unearned premiums that are due under the insurance policy returned to the licensee
for the account of the borrower if the licensee has complied with the notice provisions of AS 06.40.140
- (b) If the crediting of return premiums to the account of the borrower results in a surplus over the amount due from the
borrower, the licensee shall refund the excess to the borrower; however, a refund is not required if it amounts to less
Article 03. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.