Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 26. Revised Alaska Trust Company Act
- Section 850. Representative Office Business; Registration.
previous: Section 840
. Conditions For Approval.
next: Section 860
. Additional Trust Offices.
AS 06.26.850. Representative Office Business; Registration.
- (a) An interstate state trust company, interstate national trust company, or international trust company may not provide
fiduciary services, but may otherwise engage in trust business, at a representative office as permitted by AS 06.26.810
- (b) Subject to the requirements contained in AS 06.26.810
- 06.26.895, an interstate state trust company,
interstate national trust company, or international trust company may establish or acquire representative offices in
any location in this state.
- (c) If an interstate state trust company or international trust company that does not maintain a trust office in this
state wants to establish or acquire a representative office in this state, the trust company shall file a notice with
the department on a form prescribed by the department. The trust company shall furnish a copy of a resolution adopted
by its board authorizing the establishment or acquisition of the representative office and shall pay the filing fee
established by the department by regulation. The notice required under this subsection must provide the name of the
trust company, the location of the proposed representative office, and satisfactory evidence that the trust company is
chartered or otherwise organized in another jurisdiction to act as a fiduciary.
- (d) An interstate state trust company or international trust company may commence business at a representative office on
the 61st day after the date that the department receives the notice required under (c) of this section unless the
department specifies a different date.
- (e) The department may extend the 60-day period of review provided by (d) of this section if the department determines
that the written notice raises issues that require additional information or additional time for analysis by the
department. If the 60-day period of review is extended, the trust company may establish the representative office only
after written approval by the department.
- (f) In addition to the other requirements of this section, in order to receive permission to establish or acquire a
representative office in this state, an interstate state trust company or international trust company must have
sufficient financial resources to undertake the proposed expansion without adversely affecting its safety or soundness
and the proposed representative office may not be contrary to the public interest. When acting on the notice provided
under (c) of this section, the department shall consider the views of the home jurisdiction regulator.
- (g) The department may determine by order that an interstate state trust company or international trust company does not
meet the requirements for establishing or acquiring a representative office in this state under this section. An order
issued under this subsection is effective on the date of its issuance or on another date as the department may
- (h) An interstate national trust company shall give the department notice of its intent to establish or acquire a
representative office in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.