Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 15. Games of Chance and Contests of Skill
- Section 150. Limitation On Use of Proceeds.
previous: Section 145
. Multiple-Beneficiary Permits.
next: Section 160
. Authorized Expenses.
AS 05.15.150. Limitation On Use of Proceeds.
- (a) The authority to conduct the activity authorized by this chapter is contingent upon the dedication of the net proceeds
of the charitable gaming activity to the awarding of prizes to contestants or participants and to political,
educational, civic, public, charitable, patriotic, or religious uses in the state. "Political, educational, civic,
public, charitable, patriotic, or religious uses" means uses benefiting persons either by bringing them under the
influence of education or religion or relieving them from disease, suffering, or constraint, or by assisting them in
establishing themselves in life, or by providing for the promotion of the welfare and well-being of the membership of
the organization within their own community, or through aiding candidates for public office or groups that support
candidates for public office, or by erecting or maintaining public buildings or works, or lessening the burden on
government, but does not include
- (1) the direct or indirect payment of any portion of the net proceeds of a bingo or pull-tab game to a lobbyist registered
under AS 24.45;
- (2) the erection, acquisition, improvement, maintenance, or repair of real, personal, or mixed property unless it is used
exclusively for one or more of the permitted uses; or
- (3) the direct or indirect payment of any portion of the net proceeds of a charitable gaming activity, except the proceeds
of a raffle and lottery,
- (A) to aid candidates for public office or groups that support or oppose candidates for public office;
- (B) to a political party or to an organization affiliated with a political party; or
- (C) to a group, as that term is defined in AS 15.13.400
, or a political group, as that term is defined in AS 15.60, that
seeks to influence the outcome of an election.
- (b) The net proceeds derived from the activity must be devoted within one year to one or more of the uses stated in (a) of
this section. A municipality or qualified organization desiring to hold the net proceeds for a period longer than one
year must apply to the department for special permission and upon good cause shown the department may grant the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.