Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Sales and Distribution
- Section 200. Penalties For Violations of AS 04.11.010 and 04.11.499.
previous: Section 180
. Penalties For Violation.
next: Section 205
. Penalties For Violations of AS 04.11.501
and related ordinances.
AS 04.16.200. Penalties For Violations of AS 04.11.010 and 04.11.499.
- (a) Except as provided under (b) of this section, a person who violates AS 04.11.010
is, upon conviction, guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
- (b) A person who violates AS 04.11.010
in an area that has adopted a local option under AS 04.11.491
is, upon conviction, guilty of a class C felony.
- (c) It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution under (a) of this section that no profit was involved in the
solicitation or receipt of an order for the delivery of an alcoholic beverage. However, the affirmative defense created
under this subsection is not available in a prosecution of a person charged with selling or offering for sale alcoholic
beverages to a person under 21 years of age.
- (d) Upon conviction of a person of a violation under (a) of this section, the court shall impose a minimum sentence of
imprisonment of not less than 10 consecutive days. The execution of the sentence may not be suspended and probation or
parole may not be granted until the minimum imprisonment provided in this subsection has been served. Imposition of
sentence may not be suspended except upon the condition that the defendant be imprisoned for no less than the minimum
period provided in this subsection.
- (e) A person who sends, transports, or brings alcoholic beverages into a municipality or established village in violation
of AS 04.11.499
is, upon conviction,
- (1) guilty of a class A misdemeanor if the quantity of alcoholic beverages is less than 10 and one-half liters of
distilled spirits, 24 liters of wine, or 12 gallons of malt beverages; or
- (2) guilty of a class C felony if the quantity of alcoholic beverages is 10 and one-half liters or more of distilled
spirits, 24 liters or more of wine, or 12 gallons or more of malt beverages.
- (f) A person who purchases alcohol in violation of AS 04.11.499
is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.