Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 11. Licensing
- Section 495. Removal of Local Option.
previous: Section 494
. Operation of Delivery Sites.
next: Section 496
. Prohibition of Sale and Importation of Alcoholic Beverages. [Repealed, Sec. 69 Ch 101 SLA 1995].
AS 04.11.495. Removal of Local Option.
- (a) If a majority of the persons voting on the question vote to remove the option, a municipality or established village
shall remove a local option previously adopted under AS 04.11.491
. The option is repealed effective the first day of the month following certification of the results of the election.
- (b) A ballot question to remove a local option under this section must at least contain language substantially similar to:
"Shall (name of municipality or village) remove the local option currently in effect, that prohibits (current local
option under AS 04.11.491
), so that there is no longer any local option in effect? (yes or no)."
- (c) When issuing a license in the area that has removed a local option, the board shall give priority to an applicant who
was formerly licensed and whose license was not renewed because of the results of the previous local option election.
However, an applicant described in this subsection does not have a legal right to a license and the board is not
required to approve the application.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.