- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 71. Child Care Grant Program.
previous: Section 70
. [Renumbered as AS 47.55.070
next: Section 80
. [Renumbered as AS 47.55.080
AS 47.25.071. Child Care Grant Program.
- (a) A child care grant program is established in the department to provide state assistance in the operation of child care
facilities. The department shall provide grants for the operation of child care facilities, including private nonprofit
child care facilities. Participation in the program is optional.
- (b) To qualify for a grant under (a) or (d) of this section, the child care facility must
- (1) be currently licensed under AS 47.32 and applicable municipal
- (2) participate in the day care assistance program under AS 47.25.001
- 47.25.095; and
- (3) provide care under a payment system as provided in (g) of this section.
- (c) A grant under (a) of this section may not exceed $50 per month for each child the child care facility cares for, or
for each full-time equivalent, as determined by the department. The grant shall be adjusted on a geographic basis by
the same factor as funding for a school district is adjusted in AS 14.17.460
- (d) In addition to the grants provided in (a) of this section, the department may, subject to appropriations for that
purpose, provide by grant or contract for the education and training of child care employees or administrators. To
receive a grant or contract under this subsection or to participate in a training program under this subsection, the
child care facility must meet all the requirements of (b) of this section.
- (e) An application for a grant under this section shall be made in the form established by the department.
- (f) A grant under (a) of this section shall be made monthly or quarterly and shall be based on the monthly average daily
full-time equivalent enrollment in the child care facility. If the method of payment for the grant is other than
monthly, it shall be at the request of the child care facility with the approval of the department. Based on criteria
established by the department, the department may make quarterly advance payments.
- (g) Each child care facility receiving a grant under (a) or (d) of this section shall assure that at least 15 percent or
one of its child care spaces receiving subsidy under this section, whichever is greater, will be made available, if
requested, to children eligible for day care assistance under AS 47.25.001
- 47.25.095, whose parents or guardians wish to pay
for care based on attendance only.
- (h) The department shall, in consultation with interested child care providers and parents, adopt regulations to carry out
the purposes of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.