- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 14. Rivers, Lakes, and Streams
- Section 860. Penalty For Violating Fishway and Hatchery Requirements.
previous: Section 850
. Hatchery Required.
next: Section 870
. Protection of Fish and Game.
AS 41.14.860. Penalty For Violating Fishway and Hatchery Requirements.
- (a) The owner of a dam or obstruction who fails to comply with AS 41.14.840 or 41.14.850 or a regulation adopted under AS 41.14.840
or 41.14.850 within a reasonable time specified by
written notice from the deputy commissioner is guilty of a misdemeanor, and is punishable by a fine of not more than
$1,000. Each day the owner fails to comply constitutes a separate offense.
- (b) In addition to the fine, the dam or other obstruction managed, controlled, or owned by a person violating AS 41.14.840
or 41.14.850 or a regulation adopted under AS 41.14.840
or 41.14.850 is a public nuisance and is subject to
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.