- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 8. Geological and Geophysical Surveys
- Section 17. Hydrological and Seismic Hazard Data Declared to Be of Public Interest.
previous: Section 15
. State Geologist.
next: Section 20
. Powers and Duties.
AS 41.08.017. Hydrological and Seismic Hazard Data Declared to Be of Public Interest.
- (a) Systematic collection, recording, evaluation, and distribution of data on the quantity, location, and quality of water
of the state in the ground, on the surface of the ground, or along the coasts, are in the public interest and necessary
to the orderly domestic and industrial development of the state.
- (b) Systematic collection, evaluation, archival, and distribution of geologic data and information on earthquakes,
volcanic eruptions, and engineering geology and identification of potential seismic, volcanic, and other geological
hazards throughout the state are in the public interest and necessary to orderly, safely, and cost-effective
development in the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.