- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 5. Fiscal Procedures Act
- Section 285. Payment For State Purchases.
previous: Section 230
. - 37.05.280l Competitive Bids; Contracts; Leases. [Repealed, Sec. 67 Ch 106 SLA 1986. For Current Provisions, See AS 36.30
next: Section 287
. Insurance For State Assets.
AS 37.05.285. Payment For State Purchases.
- (a) Payment for purchases of goods or services provided a state agency shall be made by a required payment date that is
- (1) the date on which payment is due under the terms of a contract; or
- (2) 30 days after receipt of a proper billing for the amount of the payment due, if a date on which payment is due is not
established by contract and if the billing contains or is accompanied by documents required by the contract or purchase
- (b) If a seller offers a discount from the amount otherwise due for property or services in exchange for payment within a
specified period of time, the state agency may make payment in an amount equal to the discounted price only if payment
is made within the specified period of time.
- (c) If payment for goods or services purchased by the state is not made on or before a required payment date under (a) of
this section, the state shall pay interest on the unpaid balance from the required payment date at the rate of 1.5
percent a month, unless an agreement exists between the seller and the state that establishes a lower rate of interest
or precludes the charging of interest. If the interest-bearing period of time is either (1) a fraction of a month or
(2) one or more full months plus a fraction of a month, the state agency shall pay the same amount of interest for the
fraction of a month as it would pay for a full month.
- (d) This section does not apply
- (1) if the cost of the goods or services purchased exceeds $500,000;
- (2) to payment for specific goods or services in dispute after a seller of goods or services receives notice from the
state official responsible for authorizing payment for goods and services that the amount of the invoice or quality of
specific goods or services is in dispute and stating the reasons for the dispute; the state agency shall pay for the
specific goods or services in dispute within 30 days after resolution of the dispute; or
- (3) to a contract covered by AS 36.90.200
- (e) Interest paid under (c) of this section shall be charged to the budget of the state agency that purchased the goods or
- (f) In this section
- (1) "dispute" means a determination by the state official responsible for authorizing the payments for the purchase of
goods or services that the performance or price charged is not in compliance with the terms of the contract or purchase
- (2) payment is considered made on the date when the payment is personally delivered to the seller or agent of the seller
or on the date the payment is mailed;
- (3) "state agency" has the meaning given in AS 37.05.990
and also includes the legislative and judicial branches.
Article 04. RISK MANAGEMENT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.