- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 45. Unclaimed Property
- Section 110. General Rule For Property Presumed Abandoned.
previous: Section 90
. Fees of Officers. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 133 SLA 1986].
next: Section 120
. General Rules For Taking Custody of Unclaimed Intangible Property.
AS 34.45.110. General Rule For Property Presumed Abandoned.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in AS 34.45.120
- 34.45.780, all intangible property, including
income or increment derived from the property, less lawful charges, that is held, issued, or owing in the ordinary
course of a holder's business and has remained unclaimed by the owner for more than three years after becoming payable
or distributable is presumed abandoned.
- (b) Property is payable or distributable for the purposes of AS 34.45.120 - 34.45.780 even if the owner failed to demand the property
or to present an instrument or document required to receive payment of the property.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.