- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 11. Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Section 820. Reservation of Name.
previous: Section 810
next: Section 830
. Specified Office and Agent.
AS 32.11.820. Reservation of Name.
- (a) The exclusive right to the use of a name may be reserved by
- (1) a person intending to organize a limited partnership under this chapter and to adopt that name;
- (2) a domestic limited partnership or a foreign limited partnership registered in this state that, in either case, intends
to adopt that name;
- (3) a foreign limited partnership intending to register in this state and adopt that name; or
- (4) a person intending to organize a foreign limited partnership and intending to have it register in this state and adopt
- (b) The reservation shall be made by filing with the department an application, executed by the applicant, to reserve a
specified name. If the department finds that the name is available for use by a domestic or foreign limited partnership
under AS 32.11.810
, the department shall reserve the name for the exclusive use of the applicant for a period of 120 days. Once having
reserved a name, the same applicant may not again reserve the same name until more than 60 days after the expiration of
the last 120-day period for which that applicant reserved that name. The right to the exclusive use of a reserved name
may be transferred to another person by filing with the department a notice of the transfer executed by the applicant
for whom the name was reserved and specifying the name and address of the transferee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.