- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 11. Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Section 350. Right of Assignee to Become Limited Partner.
previous: Section 340
. Rights of Creditor.
next: Section 360
. Power of Estate of Deceased or Incompetent Partner.
AS 32.11.350. Right of Assignee to Become Limited Partner.
- (a) An assignee of a partnership interest, including an assignee of a general partner, may become a limited partner if and
to the extent that
- (1) the assignor gives the assignee that right in accordance with authority described in the partnership agreement; or
- (2) all other partners consent.
- (b) An assignee who has become a limited partner has, to the extent assigned, the rights and powers, and is subject to the
restrictions and liabilities, of a limited partner under the partnership agreement and this chapter. An assignee who
becomes a limited partner also is liable for the obligations of the assignee's assignor to make and return
contributions as provided in AS 32.11.200
- 32.11.310. However, the assignee is not obligated
for liabilities unknown to the assignee at the time the assignee became a limited partner.
- (c) If an assignee of a partnership interest becomes a limited partner, the assignor is not released from the assignor's
liability to the limited partnership under AS 32.11.070
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.