- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 46. Special Assessments
- Section 80. Payment.
previous: Section 70
. Hearing and Settlement.
next: Section 90
. Exemption. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 70 SLA 1986].
AS 29.46.080. Payment.
- (a) The governing body shall fix times of payment, penalties on delinquent payments, and the rate of interest on the
unpaid balance of the assessment. Payment may be in one sum or by installments. If payment is to be in one sum,
payment may not be required sooner than 60 days after mailing of the assessment statement. The entire assessment may
be prepaid without interest or penalty within 30 days after mailing of the assessment statement, and thereafter the
assessment may be prepaid in whole or in part with interest to the payment date.
- (b) Within 30 days after fixing the time of payment the municipal clerk shall mail a statement to the record owner of each
property assessed. The statement designates the property, the assessment amount, method of payment, rate of interest
on the unpaid balance of the assessment, the time of delinquency, and penalties on delinquent payments. Within five
days after the statements are mailed, the clerk shall have notice published that the statements have been mailed.
- (c) Assessments are liens on the property assessed and are prior and paramount to all liens except municipal tax liens.
They may be enforced as provided in AS 29.45.320
- 29.45.470 for enforcement of property tax liens.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.