- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 46. Special Assessments
- Section 30. Creation of District.
previous: Section 20
next: Section 40
. Record Owner.
AS 29.46.030. Creation of District.
- (a) When an improvement proposal is filed with the municipal clerk and presented to the governing body, the municipality
shall find by resolution or ordinance whether (1) the improvement requested is necessary and should be made, and (2) if
by petition, the request has sufficient and proper petitioners. The findings under this section are conclusive.
- (b) If the municipality approves an improvement proposal, it shall develop a proposed improvement plan including the total
cost estimate and the percentage of the cost to be assessed against the benefited property. The improvement plan shall
be filed with the municipal clerk.
- (c) The governing body shall set a time for public hearing on the improvement plan and the period for filing objections to
the plan. The governing body shall publish a notice of the hearing and of the period during which objections may be
filed at least once a week for four consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation if distributed in the
municipality and shall send notice by mail to every record owner of property in the special assessment district.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.