Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 810. Dissolution of Regional Solid Waste Management Authority.
previous: Section 805
. Establishment of Regional Solid Waste Management Authorities.
next: Section 815
. Municipal Property.
AS 29.35.810. Dissolution of Regional Solid Waste Management Authority.
- (a) The enabling ordinance creating a regional solid waste management authority must provide for the manner by
which a regional solid waste management authority may be dissolved.
- (b) If an authority ceases to exist, its assets shall be distributed to each municipality that was participating
in the authority on the day before the date of dissolution in proportion to the municipality's contribution to the authority less any
outstanding debt or obligation of that municipality to the authority. Any obligation to bondholders then outstanding shall first be
satisfied in full.
- (c) A municipality that is participating in an authority with one or more other municipalities may withdraw from
participation without dissolving the authority. The contributions to the authority made by the withdrawing municipality remain the
property of the authority, and the municipality remains liable for obligations under any agreement with the authority or other
participating municipalities unless the agreement is changed by the contractual parties. A municipality withdraws from participation in
an authority by repealing the ordinance adopted under AS 29.35.805 (a)(2) or (b).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.