Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 310. Utility Boards.
previous: Section 300
. School Boards.
next: Section 320
. Other Boards and Commissions.
AS 29.20.310. Utility Boards.
- (a) The governing body of a municipality operating a public utility may provide by ordinance for a utility board of five
members and define the board's powers and duties.
- (b) As determined by ordinance, members of a utility board are either appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the
governing body or are elected at a regular election. The term of a utility board member is two years and until a
successor is selected and qualifies. However, the governing body may by ordinance provide for a different term not to
exceed four years. The current term of an elected incumbent may not be altered.
- (c) Vacancies on a utility board are filled by the mayor. Executive appointments shall be confirmed by the governing body.
A person appointed to fill a vacancy on a utility board serves until the expiration of the term for which appointed and
until a successor is elected and qualifies.
- (d) Unless otherwise provided by ordinance, a utility board shall
- (1) choose its chairman and secretary;
- (2) appoint the manager of the public utility for a term not longer than five years and set the manager's salary;
- (3) formulate and enforce the general rules and policies of the utility.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.