Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 5. Incorporation
- Section 210. Transitional Assistance to Boroughs and Unified Municipalities.
previous: Section 200
. Organization Grant Program.
next: Chapter 6
. Alteration of Municipalities
AS 29.05.210. Transitional Assistance to Boroughs and Unified Municipalities.
- (a) Within 30 days after the date of incorporation of a borough or unified municipality incorporated after December 31,
1985, the department shall determine the population of the borough or unified municipality.
- (b) The department shall provide assistance to each borough and unified municipality incorporated after December 31, 1985,
- (1) establishing the initial sales and use tax assessment and collection department if the borough or unified municipality
has adopted a sales or use tax;
- (2) determining the initial property tax assessment roll if the borough or unified municipality has adopted a property
tax, including contracting for appraisals of property needed to complete the initial assessment.
- (c) This section does not apply to a borough incorporated by consolidation or to a unified municipality that occupies the
area formerly occupied by a borough.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.