Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 35. Commercial Fishermen's Fund
- Section 150. Definitions.
previous: Section 140
. Limitation On Benefits.
next: Chapter 40
. Labor Organizations
AS 23.35.150. Definitions.
In this chapter
- (1) "approved medical facilities" and "medical care" include the facilities of, or the care and treatment prescribed or
performed by, a practitioner of chiropractic licensed by the state under AS 08.20;
- (2) "council" means the Fishermen's Fund Advisory and Appeals Council;
- (3) "fisherman" means a person who is licensed by the state to engage in commercial fishing under AS 16.05.480
or who is the holder of a permit issued under AS 16.43 and who,
at the time injury is sustained or illness is contracted, is actually so engaged or is occupied in Alaska in preparing
or dismantling boats or gear used in commercial fishing;
- (4) "fund" means the Fishermen's Fund;
- (5) "occupational disease" means hernia; varicose veins of the leg; the respiratory diseases, bronchitis, pleurisy, and
pneumonia caused by or aggravated by the fishing endeavor, but excluding the common cold and influenza; rheumatism,
arthritis, and those musculoskeletal diseases (such as bursitis, traumatic sciatica, and tenosynovitis) directly caused
by or aggravated by the fishing endeavor; and does not include a disease not common to both sexes, venereal disease, or
a condition arising out of an attempt of a fisherman to injure self or another.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.